Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yum Yum


Last night I finally bit the bullet and made some homemade baby food for Evie. I don't know why I didn't do more of this sooner. Well, except that pre-made baby food is super convenient. That's why.

One of the reasons I enjoyed this so much is that it was easier/ more fun than I expected. Here's what I'm loving:

1. My immersion blender. Put chicken and some veggies in a pot, simmer it, and then stick this baby in. Pureed in minutes. It's wonderful. An aside - anyone ever used an immersion blender with spinach? It doesn't seem to work so well.

2. Tovolo Perfect Cube Ice Trays. They are flexible and come in great colors. They just make freezing food more fun.
 

Ready to wrap and freeze!


3. Annabel Karmel's baby food books. I made two batches of food based on her recipes - chicken with sweet potato, apple, & carrot, and spinach/pea/sweet potato/apple. Yum.

4. Zoli sippy cup. Obviously I wasn't using this to make the food. But it has turned into a meal-time essential around here. The weighted straw means the cup doesn't have to be held upright. It's the only sippy cup she has been able to use well. I give it to her while she eats so she doesn't try to grab the spoon.

                                                             ZoLi BOT Sippy Cup (Green)

Now the next step is to actually be able to feed her easily. I thought that maybe the beanbag chair would work, but no such luck. She's a little too reclined to be able to eat comfortably. I ordered the First Years on-the-go booster seat and a snack tray that can go on it. They should arrive tomorrow and I'm excited to see how they work. I decided that this is a better choice than buying a $200+ high chair. Hopefully they do the trick!

                           The First Years On-The-Go Booster Seat             Star Kids Snack and Play Travel Tray

No comments:

Post a Comment